Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Scattering by nanorods

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am calculating far field pattern of nanorods with near field dipole excitation. Unfortunately, my far field pattern is coming out to be same for both normal dipole and after scattering by the nanorod.
I have one 'physics' node, which calculates the field for dipole source placed in air and I use this field as background for scattering calculations by the nanorod. I have placed far field monitors in both the node ( background and scattering) and I get the same pattern ( no change at all). I have tried with other architectures as well and the result is same. Please let me know, is there any problem with the post processing or in the development of the model etc.

Adarsha

0 Replies Last Post Jun 8, 2015, 2:38 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Adarsh Vasista

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.