Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Free surface laminar flow coupled to temperature

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm trying to simulate a free surface stokes flow subject to a variable surface tension that is sensitive to temperature. Here is my approach :

0). Start with an initial geometry.
1). Solve heat conduction for temperature distribution
2). Solve laminar flow for fluid velocity subject to the boundary stress condition that depends on the temperature field solved in step 1).
3). Deform or move the meshes of one of the boundaries according to the velocity field in step 2) on the boundary.
4). Repeat step 1) to 3) till time is up.

I wonder if this process can be done in comsol without the microfluidic module. I have only managed to solve the system with a fixed mesh. Thank you very much.

0 Replies Last Post Jun 25, 2015, 6:33 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Chengzhe Zhou

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.