Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Frequency response and contact mode of resonators

Reza Pakdaman Zangabad

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am using COMSOL since 3.5a version and I am using version 5 of it and simulating the 2D axisymmetric and 3D CMUT device loaded with water tank using Electromechanics module and Acoustics module. Why the frequency response of COMSOL simulation shows much more narrower bandwidth in Comparison with other FEM software package like ANSYS. (I am using PML in COMSOL) I also tried to use Thermoacoustic module and still it shows narrower Bandwidth.

Also I am trying to simulate the collapse-mode where membrane touches the substrate. I have tried to use the contact-pair for stationary analysis and since I am applying the voltage to bend, it is not converging. I understand that since the mesh size in gap when membrane collapses is going to be zero, so there is a numerically error there. I also studied the rf-mems-switch example in the model library and also tried to apply the same method and do the transient analysis however I couldn't manage to converge the problem.

Any suggestion is more than welcome.

1 Reply Last Post Jul 21, 2015, 5:46 a.m. EDT
Reza Pakdaman Zangabad

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago Jul 21, 2015, 5:46 a.m. EDT
Is there any solution or suggestion?

Is there any solution or suggestion?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.