Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

display more decimal places or calculate displacement (Sweep_Step1 - Sweep_Step1)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi @ all,
I want to calculate the position/displacement of a point.
Therefore I calculate to the distance of a point to the origin:
sqrt( X^2 + Y^2 + Z^2)

the shift performance by a force as a parameter sweep.
Force:= range(0[mN],20[mN],20[mN])

When I have both positions as vectors magnitude View are both equal as the change is very small:

magnitude ca. 3 [mm] and displacement ca. 0.01[µm]

Is there a way to display more decimal places or equal to determine the difference:

displacement = magnitude (Sweep_Step1: Force = 0 [MN]) - Magnitude (Sweep_Step1: Force = 20 [mN])

thx and cya Thomas

0 Replies Last Post Jul 9, 2015, 9:48 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Thomas Bender

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.