Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Magnetization problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,
I am working on an electromagnetic problem. I am trying to simulate a multi-material (2 different materials) piece under the influence of a magnetic field generated by a coil.
For the sake of simplicity, I have just plotted the piece of interest and an external cylindric boundary (which represents the air inside the coil that is surrounding the piece of interest) and I am applying a magnetic field to the whole system.

I am trying to show the magnetization of both materials (defined according to their permeability values), but I cannot manage to depict values for air.

Does anyone have any tips?
Regards,
g.

4 Replies Last Post Aug 12, 2015, 10:28 a.m. EDT

Posted: 9 years ago Jul 9, 2015, 2:51 p.m. EDT
you can probably use infinite element domains which extends the region outside your model to infinity.
Without the actual model, it is hard to suggest any alternatives.
you can probably use infinite element domains which extends the region outside your model to infinity. Without the actual model, it is hard to suggest any alternatives.

Anna Maria Białostocka

Posted: 9 years ago Jul 28, 2015, 11:02 a.m. EDT
Hi,
Very important are parameters of the materials and the mesh. What parameters and values of them did You put into model. Mesh should be regular. I'm working with almost the same problem. Could You send me the model? I'm working on version 4.3 and 5.1.
Anna
Hi, Very important are parameters of the materials and the mesh. What parameters and values of them did You put into model. Mesh should be regular. I'm working with almost the same problem. Could You send me the model? I'm working on version 4.3 and 5.1. Anna

Posted: 9 years ago Jul 29, 2015, 8:48 p.m. EDT
My model : the part of core apply BH curve, I feel COMSOL calculate such problems are difficult,could you provide me some advises for the problems
My model : the part of core apply BH curve, I feel COMSOL calculate such problems are difficult,could you provide me some advises for the problems

Nirmal Paudel COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago Aug 12, 2015, 10:28 a.m. EDT
Hi,

To solve a non-linear time dependent problems like this, we do recommend that you modify the Time Dependent solver as suggested in this Knowledge Based Entry:

www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1127/

Best Regards,
Nirmal Paudel
Hi, To solve a non-linear time dependent problems like this, we do recommend that you modify the Time Dependent solver as suggested in this Knowledge Based Entry: http://www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1127/ Best Regards, Nirmal Paudel

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.