Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

creating a pulse train

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi,
I have seen some answers to this question, but non of them works for me, so I will ask here again:
I built a model, trying to solve an electrical problem. my boundary condition is "electric potential".
I want this potential to be short pulses (100 microsec) with a frequency of 1Hz.
1) when I tried doing this with rect, and then an analytic function. The plotting of the pulses in the function's window seemed right, however,in the simulation I received only the first pulse.
2) when trying to do this manually, by writing the vector of the pulses in the "electric potential" window, i could do several pulses only if they were close together in time, but not if they are 1 sec apart.

can anyone suggest a solution?

thanks
Noa

1 Reply Last Post Aug 2, 2015, 11:07 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago Aug 2, 2015, 11:07 a.m. EDT
Perhaps you have seen my analytical function for producing a pulse train with arbitrary pulse widths and frequencies. But when using it in a time dependent solution, you must also use similar kind of time stepping to see the pulses.

Just for the sake of argument, I attach my function again.

BR
Lasse
Perhaps you have seen my analytical function for producing a pulse train with arbitrary pulse widths and frequencies. But when using it in a time dependent solution, you must also use similar kind of time stepping to see the pulses. Just for the sake of argument, I attach my function again. BR Lasse

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.