Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

[solved] Symbol lookup error on RH EL 5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello
I have just installed Comsol 4.0 64bit on Redhat Enterprise Linux (latest). Login is either a vnc-connection or an X-tunnel via ssh.
Now the problem is, that comsol does not start. Here is what I see:

goliat:~ >> /usr/local/comsol40/bin/comsol
/usr/local/comsol40/bin/glnxa64/comsollauncher: symbol lookup error: /usr/local/comsol40/lib/glnxa64/libfl3d_indirect_sw.so: undefined symbol: __svml_expf4

I tried with "-3drend sw" but that doesn't make an difference.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

David

EDIT: Apparently Comsol was installed and connected with Matlab 2008a which is not supported. Maybe instead of crashing with some strange error message it should check for the Matlab version.

0 Replies Last Post Aug 20, 2010, 11:13 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello David Krapohl

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.