Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

general form of PDE multiphysics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I need to solve ONE SYSTEM of PDEs with two primary variables u1 and u2 in 1-D. so I have just one subdomain. what I need to do is to solve this system, or in other words solve for u1 and u2 for t and x. however, variable u2 is physically meaningless if it becomes bigger than 1 so as long as u2<1 solving this system is ok otherwise I would like to set u2=1. So in the latter case, it is enough is I solve just the first PDE rather than SYSTEM of Pdes and set u2=1 by this way in those places where u2=1 we are just solving for u1 and the first pde is enough.
So does any body know how I can disable one of the PDEs when u2>=1 and set u2=1? this is practically shifting from two PDEs (as one system) to one PDE for some limits of one of the primary varibles.
Many thanks in advance

0 Replies Last Post Aug 22, 2010, 7:04 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Elham Ashoori

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.