Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Equation Modeling Problem - div(u)^2

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone! I need to insert a weak form over a domain in my model, the variational form is:

F(u) = 0.5*integral-over-omega((a+i*b)*(div(u)^2)domega)

I'm using the cylindrical coordinate system so my weak form is:

weak = (2*pi*r)(0.5)*(a+i*b)*((-ur*test(ur)-uz*test(uz)-u/r))^2

But unfortunately I got the message error:

"Test functions cannot be evaluated; only Jacobian is well defined."

I don't know to much about weak forms, but i think that the problem is the two exponent over a test function. How can I do div(u)^2 using the weak syntax?

I will be grateful if someone can send me this information.

Diego Soares Lopes.

0 Replies Last Post Sep 22, 2015, 4:41 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Diego Lopes

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.