Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Help me please in implementing dc discharge

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,
I am trying to simulate electrostatic precipitator (ESP) in order to study the performance.

I found (dc discharge ) in the application gallery is very simillar to my case, so I tried to extend it into a 2D in order to get familliar with a 2D discharge, but unfortuanetly it gaves me an error. If anyone could help me in figure out what is the source of this error (I will really appreciate), I attached the file.

Another question: is it possible to modify (dc glow discharge 2D) in the application gallery of comsol to fit my case?( cause it consider to be a dc discharge plasma(same as ESP), the difference is that it happens at low pressure).
I already made some modifications to the existing model(dc glow discharge 2D) to fit my case (see the attached file namely ESP, result for ESP), and it eventually looks good and runs successfully, but when I increased the pressure level, it gaves an error,is it right what I am trying to do ? if yes, then is there a way to modify the pressure level to suit my case.

Thank you for your time and effort
Best regards,

0 Replies Last Post Sep 25, 2015, 6:19 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Simon George

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.