Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problems Loading Pre-Stress/Perturbation Model into Matlab

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have created a model with 'Stationary' and 'Frequency-Domain, Perturbation' steps to create a 'pre-stressed' solid mechanics analysis. The model results seem reasonable, and I would like to load the data into Matlab (LiveLink for Matlab).

However, when using my typical approach of 'mphload', 'mpheval', 'mphglobal', etc., I get zeros for all values and fields. Using the 'mphnavigator' command, the parameters appear to exist and have the proper values (of the ones that can be checked that way).

As a sanity check, I disabled both 'Stationary' and 'Frequency-Domain, Perturbation' and added a 'Frequency Domain' step. In this case, the Matlab tools respond as expected and all parameters and values are present.

Can LiveLink for Matlab be used for 'Stationary' and 'Frequency-Domain, Perturbation' steps? It seems rather disappointing if pre-stressed models can't be exported.

0 Replies Last Post Sep 29, 2015, 4:53 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Dennis Tweten

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.