Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to set a threshold value

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone!

I am working on Fiber Tracks stimulation modeling. I need to set a threshold value on fibers so that when the electric field reaches to a certain value, the exposed fibers get activated. does anyone have an idea where I can set a threshold value?
The Physics i am using is Electric Currents.

Thank you in advance
Lili

2 Replies Last Post Oct 6, 2015, 8:42 a.m. EDT

Posted: 9 years ago Oct 6, 2015, 7:43 a.m. EDT
Without knowing much about what you want, I guess you may want to try logical operators like (E > E_0).

--
Pu, ZHANG
DTU Fotonik
Without knowing much about what you want, I guess you may want to try logical operators like (E > E_0). -- Pu, ZHANG DTU Fotonik

Posted: 9 years ago Oct 6, 2015, 8:42 a.m. EDT
Do you mean I should use Matlab codes ?
well what I did is vary simple. I have modeled an electrode by a cylinder using electric current interface and I have modeled Fiber Tracks using Interpolation Curve. and the media in between is a conducting liquid (like NaCl). then electrode is set as current source which produces electric filed. now when the voltage reaches to a threshold value in fiber's location, I would like to make the fibers activated. activation here means that the fibers will have an specific voltage value.

thanks for your reply
Do you mean I should use Matlab codes ? well what I did is vary simple. I have modeled an electrode by a cylinder using electric current interface and I have modeled Fiber Tracks using Interpolation Curve. and the media in between is a conducting liquid (like NaCl). then electrode is set as current source which produces electric filed. now when the voltage reaches to a threshold value in fiber's location, I would like to make the fibers activated. activation here means that the fibers will have an specific voltage value. thanks for your reply

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.