Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Regarding RF Module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
Problem: Interaction of structures with cylindrical EM wave.
My question is "How can we excite a cylindrical EM wave in 'Electromagnetic Waves' node of RF module?". Plane wave can easily be defined by putting an expression 'E0*exp(-j*emw.k0*z)' for a wave propagating in the z-direction with amplitude E0. But I am not able to find a way to excite cylindrical wave in COMSOL.
Can anyone enlighten me with his/her expertise or knowledge.
Thanks in advance. Looking forward for your answers.

--
Mahesh Singh Bisht

2 Replies Last Post Oct 13, 2015, 7:40 a.m. EDT

Posted: 9 years ago Oct 11, 2015, 8:13 a.m. EDT
It should be the same as plane wave case. The only thing is to find the expression for a cylindrical wave.

--
Pu, ZHANG
DTU Fotonik
It should be the same as plane wave case. The only thing is to find the expression for a cylindrical wave. -- Pu, ZHANG DTU Fotonik

Posted: 9 years ago Oct 13, 2015, 7:40 a.m. EDT
Hi Pu,
I thank you for your answer. But in one research paper I found that they defined a point (in 2D geometry) from where cylindrical waves were emanating outwardly. I could not understand how to do it. It would be of great help if you can enlighten me on this.
Looking forward for your solicited reply.

--
Mahesh Singh Bisht
Hi Pu, I thank you for your answer. But in one research paper I found that they defined a point (in 2D geometry) from where cylindrical waves were emanating outwardly. I could not understand how to do it. It would be of great help if you can enlighten me on this. Looking forward for your solicited reply. -- Mahesh Singh Bisht

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.