Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

first time user need help

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi guys,

this is my first time to use this software (COMSOL Multiphysics ), I am studying a heat transfer in greenhouse on prototype made of acrylic sheets.
I just need help if possible to do a 2D simulation of the heat transfer on a single wall 6mm thick and measure the heat loss through the wall, the temperature inside is 30C and the out side is 19C.
it will appreciated if anyone could help me with that or direct to a guide that have similar situation. that can help me as well to do a 3D model.
thanks in advance, and inform me it if my details are missing or wrong

3 Replies Last Post Oct 12, 2015, 1:41 p.m. EDT

Posted: 9 years ago Oct 12, 2015, 2:14 a.m. EDT
Here a veryvery simple model.

BR
Lasse
Here a veryvery simple model. BR Lasse

Posted: 9 years ago Oct 12, 2015, 9:25 a.m. EDT
thank you sir.

just 1 question, How can I plot a temperature graph
thank you sir. just 1 question, How can I plot a temperature graph

Posted: 9 years ago Oct 12, 2015, 1:41 p.m. EDT
A surface plot is formed by default, but since the solid (glass) domain has the variable T and the air domains the variable T2, I have defined a new variable "Temp" which is T in glass and T2 in air. Now I can plot "Temp" i.e. the temperature distribution across the entire model. I think that is done in the 1D plot that I added in the end of the script, look at it.

BR
Lasse
A surface plot is formed by default, but since the solid (glass) domain has the variable T and the air domains the variable T2, I have defined a new variable "Temp" which is T in glass and T2 in air. Now I can plot "Temp" i.e. the temperature distribution across the entire model. I think that is done in the 1D plot that I added in the end of the script, look at it. BR Lasse

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.