Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Dielectric Loss in RF transient simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am trying to simulate a dielectric with losses in an RF transient (temw) simulation in Comsol 5.1.

When doing frequency-domain simulations (emw), I set the permittivity of the material to be εr-j*εr*tanδ.

How would I go about this in a transient simulation? I presume I need to create an ODE for Comsol to solve, but I don't know what that ODE should be.

Thank you,

Nicholas

1 Reply Last Post Oct 21, 2015, 8:59 a.m. EDT
Mao COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago Oct 21, 2015, 8:59 a.m. EDT
Hi Nickolas,

I would suggest you contact COMSOL technical support at support@comsol.com. It is the official technical support database run by COMSOL. You are of course more than welcome to start discussion with other users on the forum.

Best regards,
Mao
Hi Nickolas, I would suggest you contact COMSOL technical support at support@comsol.com. It is the official technical support database run by COMSOL. You are of course more than welcome to start discussion with other users on the forum. Best regards, Mao

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.