Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

The angle in COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi every body
im ammar a reserch student my research is (convection heat transfer from inclined fins) i have the horizontal model and need to put the angles values in COMSOL to have the new values with inclination.. i have tried to put the angle(like 30 degree) but i got a wrong results..... can i get some advice about it >>>>thanks for helping

ammar

3 Replies Last Post Oct 25, 2015, 3:31 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 9 years ago Oct 25, 2015, 12:53 p.m. EDT
Hi

I believe you are confused with "which" angle to set there, for me the "angle" you are referring to is a phase angle for a complex results, expressed in a phasor representation.
While if you have a temperature field your results are Real, and not depending on the complex phasor angle.
If you want to change your model geometry you must do that in the Geometry section and then resolve your model. And not in the Solution Data Set

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I believe you are confused with "which" angle to set there, for me the "angle" you are referring to is a phase angle for a complex results, expressed in a phasor representation. While if you have a temperature field your results are Real, and not depending on the complex phasor angle. If you want to change your model geometry you must do that in the Geometry section and then resolve your model. And not in the Solution Data Set -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 9 years ago Oct 25, 2015, 1:59 p.m. EDT
Thanks For answering , but do you think COMSOL can consider the angle that i put in the calculations of the temperature that i need ?
Thanks For answering , but do you think COMSOL can consider the angle that i put in the calculations of the temperature that i need ?

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 9 years ago Oct 25, 2015, 3:31 p.m. EDT
Hello

probably yes if it's the convective term "h" that you want to adapt, and if you are using the built in equations for heat exchange along long fins. But that is a chapter I have never tried out, so I cannot really give you any hints. I would suggest that you start by studying the docs and then try out on some simple examples of which you can find literature values to validate the approach. then you might get results you could trust.

COMSOL is doing marvels in modeling, but still, its the V,V&C (model Verification, Validation, and Calibration) that is essential to be sure the results might be used in everyday engineering and constructions

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hello probably yes if it's the convective term "h" that you want to adapt, and if you are using the built in equations for heat exchange along long fins. But that is a chapter I have never tried out, so I cannot really give you any hints. I would suggest that you start by studying the docs and then try out on some simple examples of which you can find literature values to validate the approach. then you might get results you could trust. COMSOL is doing marvels in modeling, but still, its the V,V&C (model Verification, Validation, and Calibration) that is essential to be sure the results might be used in everyday engineering and constructions -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.