Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Sampling of interpolating function at a particular point

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I would like to sample the interpolating function defined under the "Global Definitions"
node at a particular point. In my case this functions depicts the real part of the complex
dielectric permittivity, so what I would like to do is to get the value of the real part of the
complex dielectric permittivity at say a wavelength of 600 nm. Since COMSOL does not
feature a command prompt I do not know how to do that easily. I tried export but it exported
the value for every point on the mesh(it is position independent) which is really ineffective.
The COMSOL version is 5.1 and it is running on Windows 7 64-bit and the module used is
RF module.

Thanks in advance

2 Replies Last Post Nov 6, 2015, 4:18 a.m. EST
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago Nov 6, 2015, 2:11 a.m. EST
You can use a Results > Derived Values > Global Evaluation node to do this.

Posted: 9 years ago Nov 6, 2015, 4:18 a.m. EST

Thanks Gunnar Andersson that is exactly what I wanted to do.
[QUOTE] You can use a Results > Derived Values > Global Evaluation node to do this. [/QUOTE] Thanks Gunnar Andersson that is exactly what I wanted to do.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.