Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Detecting connection to COMSOL from Matlab

Lars Ottar Aschim Kvåle

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm wondering if anybody have a quick way of detecting wether Matlab was started with COMSOL or not. This detection is to be used such that in case no COMSOL connection exists an error message is produced, otherwise the code execution continues without any COMSOL window opening or other delay.

Best regards
Lars Ottar Kvale

1 Reply Last Post Sep 30, 2009, 3:16 a.m. EDT
Lars Ottar Aschim Kvåle

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 30, 2009, 3:16 a.m. EDT
Hi,

I found that issuing the following line will not use much time or start anything when a COMSOL connection is functional, and of course will produce an error otherwise, which makes it usable as a COMSOL connection test;

>>com.femlab.server.StartFemlab.getArgs

Cheers
Lars Ottar
Hi, I found that issuing the following line will not use much time or start anything when a COMSOL connection is functional, and of course will produce an error otherwise, which makes it usable as a COMSOL connection test; >>com.femlab.server.StartFemlab.getArgs Cheers Lars Ottar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.