Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Measuring the highest and lowest elevation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

considering 3D complex geometry[attached my geometry]

Is there any possibility to find the highest and lowest point in z-axis for the surface boundary of this geometry within COMSOL? if yes, how?

I appreciate any help in advance
Sepideh

2 Replies Last Post Nov 12, 2015, 3:32 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 9 years ago Nov 12, 2015, 2:49 a.m. EST
Hi

Yes that is easy but you need to add some/any physics and solve it to get a data set to work on.
And you need to adjust your mesh to catch the extremes correctly, you might want to turn off the higher order discretization and the higher order plot smoothing under Quality I have not done it herebelow.

You can change my solid physics to anything else and adapt

--
Have fun COSMOLing
Ivar
Hi Yes that is easy but you need to add some/any physics and solve it to get a data set to work on. And you need to adjust your mesh to catch the extremes correctly, you might want to turn off the higher order discretization and the higher order plot smoothing under Quality I have not done it herebelow. You can change my solid physics to anything else and adapt -- Have fun COSMOLing Ivar

Posted: 9 years ago Nov 12, 2015, 3:32 a.m. EST
Hi Ivar,

Many thanks, it worked very well for me.

cheers,
Sepideh
Hi Ivar, Many thanks, it worked very well for me. cheers, Sepideh

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.