Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Combination of Moving Mesh and Laminar Flow interfaces

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

My model consists of a bellow which goes up and down periodically with a square function, and, by that, it moves a fluid which is inside.

I'm trying to attach both interfaces by setting the mesh velocity of the moving mesh to the wall of the fluid. I write 'zt' and 'rt' in the velocity fields of the wall boundary, but it says that "time derivatives are not supported".

So now I'm using two time-dependent steps, one just for the ALE, in which the velocity will be stored, and taken as an initial value for the second step, in which SPF is active. But I'm struggling at this point.

Does anyone know how store (maybe in a variable) the displacement/velocity of the moving mesh after the first time-dependent step?

(I attach my model, in case anyone wants to see how it works)

Thanks,
Nacho

0 Replies Last Post Nov 23, 2015, 6:45 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Nacho Tomillo

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.