Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to specify a particle distribution in particle tracing.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

i wish to simulate a particle tracing in a fracture.
i can do this programmaticly with fortran.
i want a lognormal distribution of particle diameter. so when i start the simulation at time=0 a distribution of particles is released. how may i do this?

thank you.

1 Reply Last Post Nov 24, 2015, 5:00 a.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago Nov 24, 2015, 5:00 a.m. EST
Hi

I think you can directly incorporate it on your inlet node of the particle tracing physics.

If you choose density in your “initial position” of your inlet settings you can choose the number of particles and density. You can write the function you want to use in the density box “density proportional to: ”
Alternatively you can also define your function under: component (1)>definitions>functions
Then you can use that function to define your distribution in the same manner as above (put it in “density proportional to: ”)

Hope that helps

Dara
Hi I think you can directly incorporate it on your inlet node of the particle tracing physics. If you choose density in your “initial position” of your inlet settings you can choose the number of particles and density. You can write the function you want to use in the density box “density proportional to: ” Alternatively you can also define your function under: component (1)>definitions>functions Then you can use that function to define your distribution in the same manner as above (put it in “density proportional to: ”) Hope that helps Dara

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.