Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem in electrodialysis process (separation process under electric field)

Chatchai Boonyarattanamongkhol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have some problems with this process. This process is about separation under electric field. For my case, NaCl solution is fed in the the channel applied electrical power then Na+ and Cl- will move through te membrane to the opposite charge. For this process we can separate Na+ or Cl- out of the initial solution.

For my question,

1. I suspect that if we use Nernst-Planck equation, How do I define the voltage drop in the cell (Just only for two electrode. lets say the potential drop is 6 volts, the potential I define in anode is 6 and cathode is 0 right?)

2. If I would like to model this process in recirculation process, I will define the outlet concentration of the 1st loop as the inlet concentration of 2nd loop << Do I think in the right way? and if it's ok for this solution how can I define for this problem

Thank you everybody for your help
Chatchai

0 Replies Last Post Sep 28, 2010, 1:09 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Chatchai Boonyarattanamongkhol

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.