Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modelling fluorescence enhancement near a gold nano-particle

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to model the fluorescence enhancement and quenching near a gold nano-particle.

So far I have created the particle and get the expected electric fields at resonance conditions when sending in light.
For starters I have been experimenting by including a point dipole at a distance from the particle surface. The program will not simultaneously run simulations on the field emitted from the dipole and the field around the particle from plasmon resonance.
I have also tried to evaluate the total energy emitted by the dipole by placing an "imaginary" sphere enclosing the dipole, as a result the sphere completely encloses the emitted electric field.
So far I have only been able to evaluate the energy absorbed by the gold nanoparticle.
Other groups have discussed examining the decay rates from this dipole-nano particle approach but they offer no details as far as I have seen.

Any help is appreciated

1 Reply Last Post Oct 4, 2016, 12:40 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Steffan S

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago Oct 4, 2016, 12:40 p.m. EDT
Hi Steffan,

Did you have any success creating this model?
Hi Steffan, Did you have any success creating this model?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.