Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Poll question: who have used, and what do you think about the V4 Structural Rigid Connector BC ?

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everybody,

my turn to come with a question ;)

Who has used the Rigid Connector BC appeared in V4 Structural (only in 3D today) ?
And what do you think about it ?

As an example, I have joined a simple Torque or Force loaded fixed-free beam model, by enabling the force respectively disabling the torque (or the opposite) one can change the load type, as well as look at the rigid-body angles, compared to the (small angle approxiamtion) antisymmetric field displacement rotations defined as global model variables.

Anything wrong with this ?

--
Have fun Comsoling
Iva

2 Replies Last Post Oct 5, 2010, 1:46 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 4, 2010, 2:03 p.m. EDT
Hi Ivar,

you gave answers to so many questions, and it's a pity that nobody can help you with that issue. Unfortunately me neither.

Anyway, maybe this post pushes the thread to get more attention :)
Hi Ivar, you gave answers to so many questions, and it's a pity that nobody can help you with that issue. Unfortunately me neither. Anyway, maybe this post pushes the thread to get more attention :)

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 5, 2010, 1:46 a.m. EDT
Hi

Thanks for the support, obviously nobody is using it (?)
although it's very usefull !
specially since I have some issues with the "old" way of 3.5a, not one-to one compatible with V4

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Thanks for the support, obviously nobody is using it (?) although it's very usefull ! specially since I have some issues with the "old" way of 3.5a, not one-to one compatible with V4 -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.