Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Periodic port angular incidence depends on model size

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have made a 2D model simulating the dependence of EMW transmittance trough small slit from the angle of incidence. Wavelength is 5um.

I have a periodic port which generates Hz plane wave. Also, I have periodic conditions with the floquet periodicity. K vector is From periodic port.

When I run the model using the following sizes (height=0.1*wavelength and width=0.2*wavelength) I have reasonable results. Dependence curve is somehow sqrt(cos) function from the angle.

Now the problem is: When I just change model size (let's say height=wavelength and width=4*wavelength) I have strange curve when the transmitted power is bigger on 60 degrees than on 0 degrees of incidence. Any change of the model size changes curve.

Question: How can changing model size (making it bigger) affect on curve?

0 Replies Last Post Jan 5, 2016, 4:57 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Leon Petrov

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.