Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

A question about exporting data

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I meet a problem when I want to export the postprocessing data from COMSOL V4.1.
In V3.5a, I can define the number of x, y, z points in the 'export postprocesing data' panel as the first figure shows below, it's convenient to import the data to MATLAB for further calculation.
But in V4.1, I only can define the node points for Lagrange elements of order to define the location (second figure shows), and the exported data is an unordered matrix which can not be used in MATLAB.

Do COMSOL V4.1 cancel this function, or there are some other ways to export the data to a ordered matrix? Someone could help?

Thanks,

Guanghao

4 Replies Last Post Jan 12, 2014, 12:48 p.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 27, 2011, 3:13 p.m. EST

Hi,

I meet a problem when I want to export the postprocessing data from COMSOL V4.1.
In V3.5a, I can define the number of x, y, z points in the 'export postprocesing data' panel as the first figure shows below, it's convenient to import the data to MATLAB for further calculation.
But in V4.1, I only can define the node points for Lagrange elements of order to define the location (second figure shows), and the exported data is an unordered matrix which can not be used in MATLAB.

Do COMSOL V4.1 cancel this function, or there are some other ways to export the data to a ordered matrix? Someone could help?

Thanks,

Guanghao

Hi,

Have same problem. Have you had a clue how to solve it without using LiveLink for Matlab?

Thank you.
[QUOTE] Hi, I meet a problem when I want to export the postprocessing data from COMSOL V4.1. In V3.5a, I can define the number of x, y, z points in the 'export postprocesing data' panel as the first figure shows below, it's convenient to import the data to MATLAB for further calculation. But in V4.1, I only can define the node points for Lagrange elements of order to define the location (second figure shows), and the exported data is an unordered matrix which can not be used in MATLAB. Do COMSOL V4.1 cancel this function, or there are some other ways to export the data to a ordered matrix? Someone could help? Thanks, Guanghao [/QUOTE] Hi, Have same problem. Have you had a clue how to solve it without using LiveLink for Matlab? Thank you.

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 28, 2011, 5:06 a.m. EST
Hi,

create a regular grid data set using 'cut point 3d' under the 'data set' tab and export that.
Hi, create a regular grid data set using 'cut point 3d' under the 'data set' tab and export that.

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 28, 2011, 5:14 p.m. EST
Thanks, it solves the problem!
Thanks, it solves the problem!

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 12, 2014, 12:48 p.m. EST
I have the same problem and I don't really get your answer...

I'm trying to export the solution of my annalysis along a regular grid (in a txt file). with your solution I can create the grid and export it's coordinate, but I can't find how to export the corresponding results value at the same time... (or use that grid to make a plot just at those points)

(I'm using Comsol 4.3b)

Thanks,
I have the same problem and I don't really get your answer... I'm trying to export the solution of my annalysis along a regular grid (in a txt file). with your solution I can create the grid and export it's coordinate, but I can't find how to export the corresponding results value at the same time... (or use that grid to make a plot just at those points) (I'm using Comsol 4.3b) Thanks,

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.