Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plots-3D-volume

Nikhil Valsan Kulangareth

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I simulated my model and would like to plot a 3D volume plot for the entire model. I would like to view it along the cross section (not a slice , the entire model).

I found a similar image from a paper employing the simulation using the comsol. I would like to know how to get the plot along any defined cross section as shown in the figure in the right? In the left its the entire geometry, but in the right the plot deomnstrates the plot along a cross section.

Thanks in advance

1 Reply Last Post Dec 11, 2020, 8:52 a.m. EST
Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago Dec 11, 2020, 8:52 a.m. EST

Hi Nikhil,

Perhaps a Filter subnode for the plot can be useful. Use a logical expression (in x, y, and z) that is true for the part of the geometry that you want to keep.

Best regards,

Magnus Ringh

Hi Nikhil, Perhaps a **Filter** subnode for the plot can be useful. Use a logical expression (in `x`, `y`, and `z`) that is true for the part of the geometry that you want to keep. Best regards, Magnus Ringh

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.