Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to use the material properties in Comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello!

I am still new to Comsol. Recently, I am running a thermoelectric model in Comsol. Some properties of the TE material like Bi2Te3 are temperature-dependent. That is, when I add the Bi2Te3 material from the material library, in the Material-->Properties table, the properties like Seebeck coefficient and thermal conductivity are given as a function of T(temperature), but in implicit format, like S(T) and k(T) as shown in the first figure attached.

Actually, my model involves two different TE materials, and I need to interpolate the properties from these two. So in the Thermoelectric Effect Part, for the Seebeck coefficient, I select User defined and give a function combining the Seebeck coefficients of the two materials. For Bi2Te3, I just directly use S(T), but when I run it, it turns out that the Comsol can not recognize the S(T), indicating that S(T) is unknown function or operator( second figure).

Can somebody tell me what is wrong? I am really confused.

Any help will be appreciated!

0 Replies Last Post Feb 24, 2018, 5:23 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Xiaoqiang Xu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.