Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

export wave simulation result in text file

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have done a 2D time-dependent simulation of elastic wave propagation in a linear elastic medium. I have done it in 4.2a running on Linux. My desired output is displacement component along y at all nodes at each time step.

I have been able to visualize the result in Comsol using animation. But, I couldn't export the raw displacement data to a text file. I could, however, export the displacement field at any specific time step. But, for my analysis, I need all the frames and it is nearly impossible to go to each frame and do this.

I don't want to save the data using GIF animation, image format or video format, I just want the raw displacement in a text file for all frames at each node. It would be really helpful if you could suggest me a way to do this.

Thanks in advance.

-Rifat

1 Reply Last Post Mar 8, 2016, 2:21 a.m. EST
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago Mar 8, 2016, 2:21 a.m. EST
I could, however, export the displacement field at any specific time step. But, for my analysis, I need all the frames and it is nearly impossible to go to each frame and do this.

Try this:

1. Results > Export: Add a Data export node.
2. Select all the times in the list.
3. Enter the expression that you want to evaluate.
4. Browse to a file.
5. Click on Export in the settings window's toolbar.

[QUOTE]I could, however, export the displacement field at any specific time step. But, for my analysis, I need all the frames and it is nearly impossible to go to each frame and do this.[/QUOTE] Try this: 1. Results > Export: Add a Data export node. 2. Select all the times in the list. 3. Enter the expression that you want to evaluate. 4. Browse to a file. 5. Click on Export in the settings window's toolbar.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.