Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to model a chemical reaction with diffusion in COMSOL?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I really hope someone can help me. I'm trying to simulate this problem for a little bonus in my master thesis, which is due in 3 weeks.

I simplified the geometry for the sake of simplicity, but the rest is pretty much the same. I have a rectangle filled with water. One face of this rectangle is at a constant concentration of a chemical species. The opposite face is has a constant production rate of another chemical species. These chemical species diffuse into the water.

These to species then react with eachother to form another species. I would like to simulate the concentrations of all of these species in time. I drew something to hopefully make my problem more clear:

imgur.com/9xyaZYy

I have tried to use the chemical engineering toolbox to do this but the assumptions that the different reactors make are not suited for my problem. Should I use the chemistry toolbox? I cannot seem to model my reactions in this though. Can someone please explain to me how to do this? I would be forever grateful.

Thanks,
Evan

0 Replies Last Post May 15, 2016, 5:23 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Evan Claes

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.