Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

convection between fluid and bed

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

If a hot fluid passes through a pipe and rejects heat to an adsorbent bed at the outside, do I have to add fluid mode to solve imcomp. navier stokes eqn.s if the vel. is const. I see that I can add convection in general heat tran. mode and I do not know that it can make the same thing as fluid mode (by entering the same vel.). Also I wonder about how can I set the convective wall condition at the contact. Comsol asks external temp (Tinf) while I should enter the temp diff. between fluid and bed. How can I enter a different temperature when I try to solve single temp. profile ?
Thanks...

1 Reply Last Post Dec 6, 2010, 3:58 p.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 6, 2010, 3:58 p.m. EST
It was looked at 46 times , but nobody writes any thing, I can not understand. Did I asked a difficult question, or a too simple question, or a silly question that does not deserve the answer. I experienced a lot of examples, but I am living some porblems in entering the boundary settings, I thing.
It was looked at 46 times , but nobody writes any thing, I can not understand. Did I asked a difficult question, or a too simple question, or a silly question that does not deserve the answer. I experienced a lot of examples, but I am living some porblems in entering the boundary settings, I thing.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.