Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Expression is not consistent with previous one

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am new at comsol and at the moment am having trouble generating solver sequences from a study in a RF module of Comsol 4.0.
I have defined a simple geometry which can be varied by Parameters defined in the Global definitions.

When generating solver sequences it gives an error: "Expression is not consistent with previous one"

Mesh_element_size [com.comsol.util]
00007:252 INFO ServiceEvent REGISTERED [org.eclipse.core.contenttype]
00007:256 INFO BundleEvent STARTED [org.eclipse.core.contenttype]
00007:441 ERROR Unhandled error occurred during event processing. [com.comsol.gui]
at com.comsol.model.applapi.VariableInfo.merge(Unknown Source)
at com.comsol.applapi.variables.h.a(Unknown Source)
at com.comsol.applapi.variables.l.a(Unknown Source)
at com.comsol.applapi.variables.l.addScalarVariable(Unknown Source)
at com.comsol.applapi.util.m.a(Unknown Source)
at com.comsol.applapi.variables.l.resetAllVariables(Unknown Source)

The "h" and "l" ar the height and width parameters, which are used for defining geometry, e.g., size of a rectangular object.
Has anyone encountered similar problem and found a solution for it?

Edgars

1 Reply Last Post May 24, 2013, 8:50 a.m. EDT
Niklas Rom COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago May 24, 2013, 8:50 a.m. EDT
Hi Edgards,
version 4.0 was released a is a long time ago and that particular version have known problems with the solver sequences. I advise you to upgrade to the current version of COMSOL (4.3b).

kind regards
Niklas

Hello,

I am new at comsol and at the moment am having trouble generating solver sequences from a study in a RF module of Comsol 4.0.
I have defined a simple geometry which can be varied by Parameters defined in the Global definitions.

When generating solver sequences it gives an error: "Expression is not consistent with previous one"

Mesh_element_size [com.comsol.util]
00007:252 INFO ServiceEvent REGISTERED [org.eclipse.core.contenttype]
00007:256 INFO BundleEvent STARTED [org.eclipse.core.contenttype]
00007:441 ERROR Unhandled error occurred during event processing. [com.comsol.gui]
at com.comsol.model.applapi.VariableInfo.merge(Unknown Source)
at com.comsol.applapi.variables.h.a(Unknown Source)
at com.comsol.applapi.variables.l.addScalarVariable(Unknown Source)
at com.comsol.applapi.util.m.a(Unknown Source)
at com.comsol.applapi.variables.l.resetAllVariables(Unknown Source)

The "h" and "l" ar the height and width parameters, which are used for defining geometry, e.g., size of a rectangular object.
Has anyone encountered similar problem and found a solution for it?

Edgars

Hi Edgards, version 4.0 was released a is a long time ago and that particular version have known problems with the solver sequences. I advise you to upgrade to the current version of COMSOL (4.3b). kind regards Niklas [QUOTE] Hello, I am new at comsol and at the moment am having trouble generating solver sequences from a study in a RF module of Comsol 4.0. I have defined a simple geometry which can be varied by Parameters defined in the Global definitions. When generating solver sequences it gives an error: "Expression is not consistent with previous one" Mesh_element_size [com.comsol.util] 00007:252 INFO ServiceEvent REGISTERED [org.eclipse.core.contenttype] 00007:256 INFO BundleEvent STARTED [org.eclipse.core.contenttype] 00007:441 ERROR Unhandled error occurred during event processing. [com.comsol.gui] java.lang.RuntimeException: Expression is not consistent with previous one at com.comsol.model.applapi.VariableInfo.merge(Unknown Source) at com.comsol.applapi.variables.h.a(Unknown Source) at com.comsol.applapi.variables.l.a(Unknown Source) at com.comsol.applapi.variables.l.a(Unknown Source) at com.comsol.applapi.variables.l.addScalarVariable(Unknown Source) at com.comsol.applapi.util.m.a(Unknown Source) at com.comsol.applapi.variables.l.resetAllVariables(Unknown Source) The "h" and "l" ar the height and width parameters, which are used for defining geometry, e.g., size of a rectangular object. Has anyone encountered similar problem and found a solution for it? Edgars [/QUOTE]

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.