Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to identify boundary edges together

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, everyone,

I'm new to COMSOL, so I'm still getting used to things, but I was wondering if someone could help me with identifying boundary edges.

I've attached the geometry I'm working with right now. I've identified three pairs of edges in the definitions section (the geometry is supposed to be the surface of a tetrahedron, so that way if you fold the domain and glue together the identified pairs of edges, you get a tetrahedron).

I'm not sure how to get this reflected in what I have so far. To make the identifications properly, I need to make a condition that any solutions of the PDE that are calculated are even along the boundary lines (e.g. if we're considering the bottom edge, I want u(x) = u(-x), with the midpoint as the origin). I've tried playing with boundary conditions and the geometry, as you can see, but to no success.

Thanks in advance for any help.

(Note: I know that the 3D geometry allows for an actual tetrahedron. I'm interested in the unfolded planar geometries only, so using that won't help).

0 Replies Last Post Jul 1, 2013, 11:33 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Robert Ravier

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.