Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Mesh Generation error

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

In my geometry, am using one very thin PDMS of size 10 nm. All other layers thickness are between 0.1 to 100 um.
I am getting intersecting face element error only for this layer.

If I keep the thickness of PDMS above 100 nm, then mesh is building. But, results are not as desired. As suggested in previous threads, I tried to divide domains and build separate mesh. It is not working.
I also tried with extremely fine element size. But, It is also not working.

Someone please help me.

Thank you in advance.

1 Reply Last Post Mar 17, 2014, 9:26 a.m. EDT
Luke Gritter Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 17, 2014, 9:26 a.m. EDT
Monika,

A thin layer in 3D should be meshed using a swept mesh if at all possible. You may need to subdivide some domains to enable the swept mesh operation to work. Perhaps if you upload your model, more specific guidance could be given.

--
Luke Gritter
AltaSim Technologies
Monika, A thin layer in 3D should be meshed using a swept mesh if at all possible. You may need to subdivide some domains to enable the swept mesh operation to work. Perhaps if you upload your model, more specific guidance could be given. -- Luke Gritter AltaSim Technologies

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.