Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comparing two geometries using components

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I have two models using Joule heating, which seem to work well enough to give me the qualitative analysis I need. For my own convenience and to keep things neat, I thought it might be nice to set the two models up as components in one single model file, so I "save as"-ed one of the model files with a new name, imported the second geometry into a new component inside it, and set up the appropriate physics for it.

However now I find that the results for the second component are not the same as they were when the files were separate, and I trust the original results more. I've been through and tried the two stationary solvers in various different orders and configurations, but nothing is giving me the result I was expecting.

In the attached files, "heaterblock_mech_coupling" and "heaterblock2_mech_coupling" are the originals, while "heaterblock_combined" contains both as components. Can anyone please help explain what I'm missing?

1 Reply Last Post Jul 13, 2015, 4:39 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago Jul 13, 2015, 4:39 a.m. EDT
Bump. Anyone got any clues for me please?
Bump. Anyone got any clues for me please?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.